- To advise and assist the Commissioner of Education in identifying unmet needs within the Commonwealth in student education, academic progress, and academic achievement.
- Plan and coordinate statewide activities (e.g. State Parent Summit) that promote parental engagement and community involvement in student learning.
- To promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, and the community;
- To enhance and support the educational experience at the schools, to develop a closer connection between school and home by encouraging parental involvement, and to improve the environment at the school-level through volunteer and financial support;
- To assume active leadership and advocacy roles in support of student learning;
- To work collaboratively with the Public School System in the development of Title I parent involvement policies;
- To work in unison with the CNMI Public School System and community partners in programs and activities that promote student education, health, safety, and academic achievement;
- To encourage parental involvement in the individual lives of children at home and school;
- To support the educational goals of the school and assist with attaining those goals through parent and community volunteerism;
- To recruit volunteers and coordinate volunteer efforts to staff PTSA functions and assist with school programs;
- To monitor legislation and political issues that impact education and schools and actively participate in this process through providing comments on behalf of the PTSA Advisory Council;
- To forge and foster strong home and school relationships, so that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth; and,
- To assist in policy development that encourages active parental involvement in the areas of decision-making, student learning, and forging community partnerships.
John Gonzales: President; email@example.com
Glenna Sakisat-Palacios Reyes: Vice President; firstname.lastname@example.org
Arley Long: Secretary; email@example.com
Audrie Manglona: Treasurer; firstname.lastname@example.org
For more info contact: