The Junior Reserve Officers’ Training Corps (JROTC) Program of Instruction is designed to teach high school students the value of citizenship, leadership, service to the community, personal responsibility, and a sense of accomplishment, as such is to motivate by instilling self-esteem, teamwork, and self-discipline.
With core values as its goals, the JROTC program is a strong mentor for astute learning behaviors. In essence, the program also builds capacity for life-long learning. The program enhances cadets with responsibilities for their individual actions, techniques in the written, verbal, non-verbal and visual needs to address any situation.
The vision of JROTC is “Providing quality citizenship, character, and leadership development program while fostering partnerships with communities and educational institutions.” These techniques not only foster stronger community involvement, but enhances skills and morals that each take by heart.
The goals of the JROTC program are:
- To promote citizenship;
- To develop leadership and critical creative thinking;
- To teach to communicate effectively;
- To improve physical fitness;
- To provide incentive to live drug-free;
- To strengthen positive self-motivation;
- To provide global awareness to include historical perspective of military service;
- To train to work as a team member; and
To inspire to graduate from high school, attend institutions of higher learning, and pursue meaningful careers, particularly in the areas of science, technology, engineering and mathematics.
For more info contact:
Capitol Hill Bldg #1257
Tel: (670) 322-6760
Fax: (670) 322-6760