The CNMI Public School System’s (CNMI-PSS) Office of Pupil Transportation (OPT) serves 3,354 public school students on Saipan, Tinian, and Rota. In addition to providing daily student bus services, OPT also provides transportation service for school-sponsored field trips annually.
OPT is a component of PSS’ administrative department and is comprised of 42 full-time employees. The Office is led by a program manager, a regular bus supervisor, a SPED bus team leader, and a chief mechanic. CNMI-wide, OPT has 30 operators and nine (9) SPED conductors. The transportation department also has one (1) full-time certified mechanic assisting the chief mechanic. The department’s Main Office is located in Lower Base, Saipan, with field offices on Tinian and Rota.
To provide a SAFE, RELIABLE, and EFFICIENT transportation of the CNMI Public School students in support of curricular and extracurricular activities, and to provide maintenance support for all pupil transportation and grounds support assets.
OPT’s vision is to be the finest and most efficient transportation provider in the Pacific Region.
We the Members of the Bus Pupil Transportation Department:
- Recognize that we are to serve others while being faithful guardian of resources entrusted to us, and will treat others with respect and dignity;
- Are committed to continuous improvement in our quality of service, reliability and productivity;
- Recognize that continuous improvement in an organization is dependent on our individual commitment to personal progress and improvement;
- Accept responsibility and accountability for our actions both individually and collectively and for the safety of those entrusted to our care; and
- Recognize that we are teachers and have impact on student becoming educated, lifelong learners, being successful and responsible citizens.